Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Monitor Out of Range?

I'm trying to play Left for Dead 2 on Windows XP. Left for Dead 1 worked fine. Dragon Age: Origins works fine. World of Warcraft works fine.



When I try to start Left for Dead 2 in anything but the lowest resolution, I get "Monitor Out of Range." I updated my video card drivers. My video card is fine. I tried changing the refresh rate and it had no impact on whether the game ran. I've updated the game.



Any ideas? Is it a problem with the monitor settings being restrictive or the monitor itself?Monitor Out of Range?
doubtful it is the monitor itself since it works with other games.



I had an issue where i couldn't output to my monitor's native resolution in any situation, it was because my new video drivers screwed up the install and i had to uninstall the cards from the device manager. It probably won't help you but it shouldn't hurt.



try looking up that error on the internet, forums are more likely to help than yahoo answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment