Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Big Problem! Computer running slow!?

It all started a while ago, while playing Dragon Age 2(but I don't think that's relevant). Firstly it's just the game, then the whole sistem starts running laggy, next thing I get blue screen of death from watching Youtube and my speaker buzz uncontrollably! My mouse jumps on the screen, my movies run like a youtube video that can't load and my games are even worse.

I reinstalled windows XP and for a while it all worked perfectly. That is, until I played Mass Effect 2 a few days ago.

I tried everything: updated my display drivers, bought a new antivirus, ran a scan for registry errors, defragmenting - everything! I am desperate.

Please, please can you help me?





Note: it happened on Windows 7 too.

Note 2: My computer is only a year old.Big Problem! Computer running slow!?
Upgrade your Graphic card drivers and also run windows update...



Updates fixes a lot of problems, especially software.
Block the excessive startup programs that are not important for you. After doing so, keep only minimal number of services running in the background with the help of Reginout services optimizer.



1. Click Start | Run. Or press Windows Key + R.

2. Type “MsConfig” and press ENTER.

3. Take a look at the programs listed in the “Startup” tab. If you found unnecessary programs listed there, make them disable by just un-checking the corresponding checkbox.

4. Do the same thing for the services listed in the “Services” tab. Be sure to mark the box “Hide all Microsoft services” as checked, so that important Windows services would not be disabled.

5. Click OK and restart the computer when prompted.Big Problem! Computer running slow!?
Same happened to my 2 yr old pc.



Since you have already reloaded .. the issue is not software related.



Open your case and unhook all the power and see if there is large amounts of dust or dirt in there.

Dust can cause the computer to slow down because it cannot cool properly. Sounds weird but I gave mine a super cleaning and all has been good since and I reclean every year or as needed.



Hope this helps.



If not maybe your hard disk or other hardware may be about to fail.
This question would be a lot less useless if you provided relevant information of your computer. What hardware do you have? Is it a desktop or a laptop? What are your hardware temperatures? Can your power supply provide enough power to the core components?Big Problem! Computer running slow!?
Is it a Downloaded game? If it is then i think your computer is filled with a lot of things, Which makes your computer go slow. If it is not then i think you have a virus in your computer.
This may happen due to corrupt registry keys. you can repair registry by scanning for errors using PCFresher system utilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment