Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CPU spikes during games?

When playing a game such as Dragon Age: Origins or World of Warcraft, my laptop's CPU sometimes spikes to 100% and the fan goes ballistic, causing the audio and video to stutter. It is especially bad when playing Dragon Age because the CPU always spikes during a fight or something. Here are some rough specs for my laptop:

Bought in summer of 2010.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Intel Core i5 CPU m 540 @ 2,53 GHz

6 GB ram (5.80 usable)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card



There are a few things that I think could be causing this, but I am not sure which. These are: large amounts of dust clogging the fan, a virus or spyware, or my university's imposed antivirus and internet security agent. I wouldn't think it is too much dust though seeing that I've only had this laptop for 8 months. If it might be a virus, what is the best free program I can use to scan for it?

I'm running scans with both MS security essentials and Sophos protection now and will update when they are done. Also, I had defragged my computer with no change in CPU spikes.CPU spikes during games?
It do may be dust. The collection of dust it does not depend on time as much as in the environment and how much you use it. I Would try to open it and clean it.



Also try closing all programs from your taskbar, eliminate everything from the start up folder and run ccleaner. You also need to understand that games require a lot of processing and your laptop doesn't have an independent graphic processor and thus requires a lot more from your main processor.CPU spikes during games?
Maybe ur cpu old .And i got the same game but on my ps2 . or its because ur cpu donst support the much graphics. try anew graphic card.

No comments:

Post a Comment