Saturday, March 10, 2012

Loading videogames on my pc puts my monitor to sleep?

My problem is simple - I cannot load videogames on my pc. Launching them puts my monitor in a permanent "sleep" mode, which forces a manual restart (which I know is not good for my pc, something I must have done 20 times now). I have tried launching games like World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Dragon Age Origins (all Steam games except World of Warcraft) and they either -



A) Refuse to load the title screen and puts the monitor to sleep

or

B) Shut off after 5-30 min of gameplay



The only game that has yet to show these symptoms is The Witcher (coincidentally, it is the only pc game I own that is not connected to Steam or an online service like WoW). I can always load The Witcher, and have played it for close to two hours this afternoon; this leads me to believe that physical copies of games do not trigger the dreaded "sleeping monitor". However, this doesn't mean I want to give up on my other games.



I ran a scan on my harddrive, defragged my pc, updated all drivers, and after testing a different monitor concluded that my current monitor was not the problem. I'll admit that I am not a tech savvy person, but as of now I have ran out of options. The only thing left for me now is to have a repair service like Geek Squad look at my pc, but I would like to avoid that for financial reasons if possible.



So yeah, I am at the end of my rope here. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.Loading videogames on my pc puts my monitor to sleep?
its brokken

No comments:

Post a Comment