Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Missing 200gb from Hard drive?

Hello Yahoo World,



Something is very strange with my PC..



I had World of Warcraft on and noticed it kept having extreme lag spikes so I updated the Video Card..and still kept having the same issue. So then I checked the memory and noticed of my 320gb only like 87gb were free..Which i thought was odd normally there is well over 100gb. So then I thought with the new expansion of WOW that it must be just taking up a lot of extra space. So to get ready for the new expansion, and I wanted to my other games back to my pc Aion, Sims 3, Dragon Age.. So, I went out and bought an external hard drive and moved all my music files over and image files I'm a web designer so I have many image files.



After I moved and deleted everything I could find.. and also removed other game files I was back to just barely over 100 GB..and the game stopped being so choppy so I was happy. Then this morning I wake up and check my drive space and I have just 47.4 GB free!!



I did use WinDirStat and it says I have only used 85 GB on My Computer C drive..



However when I go to Computer C: Properties it shows I have used 242 GB of 289 GB capacity..I have done drive clean up ..and I do use norton 360..I run it constantly because of gaming online and the constant threat of hackers.



So my issue is I am not seeing the other 200GB on my hard disc drive.



System Specs are:



OS Name Microsoft庐 Windows Vista鈩?Home Premium

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MONEY-PC

System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion

System Model GN709AA-aba a6257c

System Type X86-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.23, 10/30/2007

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"

User Name Money-PC\baby

Time Zone Central Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.50 GB

Available Physical Memory 1.45 GB

Total Virtual Memory 7.20 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.15 GB

Page File Space 3.79 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Video Driver is : Nvidia Geforce 9500 GTMissing 200gb from Hard drive?
Give TuneUp Utilities a try. It is paid for, but you can use the trial version for 30 days. It fixes things from registry errors, to gaining disk space. It is good for even making Windows look like an alien computer!



http://www.tune-up.com/download/



This happens when Windows backs up too many deleted programs and files. It leaves a compressed "backup", which will be restored if you want to do a system restore.Missing 200gb from Hard drive?
use Ccleaner, it's free, it's reliable too



it cleans out junk files, and has a registry cleaner too



if it's still missing, maybe you might want to start over and reformat your computer

No comments:

Post a Comment