Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Whats your favourite RETRO game? and what was your favourite and least favourite aspects of it?

When I say retro, i'm talking to gamers aged 20-35, sorry youngsters, but 20-35 was the 1st video gaming generation.



And by retro I mean things like the xz81, the spectrum, Atari (yes kids, atari used to do consoles and ruled the gaming world), i'll stretch as far as the nes and master system, but no further.



So let rip...



My fondest game of that time when i think back was Gauntlet 2, pro's very addictive, cons very repetitive. (i was never able to sling the dragon) and that was on my Atari 520 ST (thats right a HUGE half megabyte of data)Whats your favourite RETRO game? and what was your favourite and least favourite aspects of it?
Chucky egg
enduro, missile command and river raid..... those are the best...Whats your favourite RETRO game? and what was your favourite and least favourite aspects of it?
i had a commodore plus 4 - a step up from the commodore 64, but never as popular.

There was a game on it called 'icicle works' - I spent many, many hours to complete that game.
Original Super Mario Brothers on the original NES was great. But the controlers weren't very ergonomical, and my mom made me stop playing because my wrists would hurt, but I could not stop myself from playing it every single waking minute.Whats your favourite RETRO game? and what was your favourite and least favourite aspects of it?
Not true. I'm 44, and I played Pong, the original SimCity, Tetrus, even a Star Trek game on a main frame using computer cards! LOL



You mean console games. There were a lot of video games before consoles.
probably manic miner on the commodore for the whole retroness that it was.. and annoying. then joust because that was awesome...



ALSO i played mario on the atari i have it kicking around somewhere. that was awesome!



best master system game.. mmm. alex the kid even though you cant complete it. grrrrr



i love all retro games i must be hardcor im under you age guideline by 5 years but yet again i have had loads of games :D



but if you really want originality millepede excitebike pong spaceinvaders and well erm,. everything else :D



oh and did anyone play street fighter on the spectrum it was very very very bad lol :D
I was hooked on Joust for the old Atari 2600 I just loved the idea of the ostriches. I also loved the sound they made when you slammed on the brakes! My least fave aspects of it were that it was the same thing over and over, no different levels, but it was the 1980's.



I knew of one console even before that, the TI (texas instruments) and my brother and I were hooked on a mountain climbing game called ALPINER. Great game, but avoid the dreaded falling rocks and the abominable snowman!!
It might be a bit too new but, Great Giana Sisters on the Commodore 64 (Rip off of Super Mario Brothers) the music was absolutely stunning! Either that or Rainbow Island.
Space Invaders

addictive, simple, perfect, especially the table version.
Centipede. on any playform..though i liked it best and played it most in arcades....like other great arcade games, centipede has a sweet spot which, if reached, you end up playing for hours at only the cost of about 10 bucks in change. I still play it on the gameboy
I bought an Atari console and games for my children one year for Christmas 1988 and opened it and had a go just to make sure that it and the games worked. Well I played a game called smurfs (remember the cheeky chappies) and got so hooked that I couldn't wait for them to go to school so I could play. After Christmas day they persuaded me to have a go and were amazed at how good I was. Hope they don't read this as I've never told them!!
For me it has to be the PRINCE OF PERSIA.



I played it on an old fashioned PC (which at the time I thought was real Hi-Tec as it has two YES TWO floppy disk drives !!!!!)



A great, game, that, for the time was actually quite ground breaking !!!
  • racing games online
  • windows office
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment