Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Alice: The Madness Returns crashes instantly on startup?

I just got Alice: The Madness Returns on Steam, it downloaded and installed fine it would seem but when I try to run it, before *ANY* other type of windows pop up I get a windows error that says "Alice: Madness Returns has stopped working"



The info in the dropdown problem details box:



Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: AliceMadnessReturns.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4dc8887c

Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18449

Fault Module Timestamp: 4da47967

Exception Code: 00000001

Exception Offset: 0003fc56

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: f4a4

Additional Information 2: a614c8102b6e09176ad99411f281b490

Additional Information 3: 5433

Additional Information 4: b48c14385b042161a124c3bd0e24e25f





This system can run Dragon Age: Origins and Neverwinter Nights 2 albeit a little sluggishly, which can be made better by turning all the graphics settings down to their lowest. I am fine with this. The games are playable and run without errors.

This system runs Second Life, World of Warcraft, and Sims 3 smoothly and without problems in most situations. (Large groups of people (40+) become problematic and lower my FPS in WoW. I just tilt my camera so the majority of people are not in my screen and all is well again.)



Here is the full export of my system info, warning its a very long text file:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42684546/specs122811.txt



Here is a text file containing information from my Event Viewer about the crash:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42684546/events.txt





My drivers tell me they are updated, I haven't tried deleting them and reinstalling fresh yet. Help would be appreciated I would really like to try out this game, I dont even care if it runs sluggish. I'm used to it. Given the other games that I am capable of running on this computer, regardless of how well, it seems it should run Alice 2 too. It was able to run Alice 1 fine and without lag.



I noticed in the error logs that it talks about a kernel32.dll being a cause of the problem? I'm not sure if that is exactly what that means, but I suppose any information is helpful.Alice: The Madness Returns crashes instantly on startup?
Seems like you've done your homework... Anyway, I'd suggest y隆just trying to delete and re-install the game to see if that fixes it (as it usually does). If not, restart the computer and retry. If no luck still, then your specs might not be what's necessary to play the game. I'm not familiar with that game, but I bet they must have a list of specs you'll need in order to play in their site or something.



Good luck!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment