Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why My EA games have sudden low framerate?

So Earlier this year I bought Dragon age 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Now NFS worked on my system (using 1920X1080 res with 60fps 90% of the time) Dragon Age 2 had trouble till all the patches and graphics drivers came out then I could run the same frame rate and resolution as NFS... For awhile it was great gaming. Now for some reason when I play them I get a noticeably drop in frame rate and what seems like way higher Video memory usage( Over 1gig). NFS gets up to 60 at times but lots of time its in the 50's or mid 40's. While Dragon Age 2 with all high settings is at 25-30 with all settings high(back to when I first bought the game) All my other games are not affected even Dungeon Siege 3 I can play on max settings and resolution. I have all the latest updates and drivers. So my question is what is wrong with these 2 games? Why the sudden loss in performance? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games tired going back to older video card drivers but no change(everything is now back at the latest drivers). My system is Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard w\Phenom 2 955 black edition (3.2) 8gigs corsair XMS2 DDR2 memory Palit Geforce 560Ti(with 2gig video Ram) Corsair 750 PSU 2 HDD (1 320g and 1 500g) 2 DVD drives all in a NZXT Phantom case.Win7 Pro 64 bit. Like I said though the 2 games were running flawlessly but now they are not and other games are running excellent.Why My EA games have sudden low framerate?
i think you are using a powerful pc for gaming so do this steps:

_if you have an antivirus close it and then play one of these games

_scan your pc using antivirus to check if there any trojan file which affect your system{can the game and whole pc}

_doing some tasks like disk defragmenter or disk cleanup can helps

_close every background programs like windows gadgets and then play

_check computer processes in task manager for any process which takes all processor usage



i hope that helps.
  • sigalert san diego
  • apa 6th edition
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment