Saturday, March 10, 2012

How do I defeat Arishok in dragon age 2?

I'm stuck, I tried everything and I can't defeat him. I even play on casual difficulty. By the way, I looked on google and every one says that I should duel him, but I can't. Any tips how to defeat him with my party? I'm a weapon/shield warrior and I have Merrill, Varric and Aveline on my team...How do I defeat Arishok in dragon age 2?
I have dueled him, and fought him with his henchman. Both are tough fights, but the second can be a killer if you don't take control of the battle right from the start. I've never done the full fight without Anders - His AoE, healing and general battle magic come in more than handy. Usually, my team consists of Myself (Rogue or Mage), Anders, Aveline, Varric (or Fenris). If I play Rogue, the last team mate is Varric (Hail of Arrows AoE). and if I play mage, I have my own AoE and Fenris is the last team mate.

There are two ways to force a duel. Both require that you have managed to impress the Arishock in your dealings with him and he addresses you as "Bas Alit'an" - a non-Qunari worthy of respect.

1) Isabela (friendship/rivalry %26gt; 50%) returns during the throneroom confrontation with the Arishok to return his book. He will take the book and attempt to keep Isabela too, which result in him giving you the option to duel for her fate.

2) Fenris is in the party. When Isabela does not return (rivalry/friendship %26lt; %50) the Arishok says "Sry - I hv 2 invade ur city" and Fenris quotes the Qun to the Qunari (win moment!) and insists you be allowed to duel one on one.

Warning - he charges, like Ogres do. you don't want to be in his way when he does. Qunari are weak to freezing and nature damage, and the Arishok is no exception.

***Battle #1 - Arishock and his band of pissed off Qunari: If you can't duel him, it's all good. Just harder. After the warm up fight is over, start the main battle by freezing the action and setting two AoE to go off on either side of the upper staircase. You'll do area damage, but your primary targets are the two Saarebas standing on either side of the upper area. Kill them first, and hard - no exception. They will ruin your day if they are allowed to get to work. In this same pause, set Aveline to grab aggro and start destroying the melee Qunari nearest your mage/s who will be vulnerable. I've never made it through this battle with Anders upright - you need to do as much damage with him as possible before he gets overrun. Get the fourth character heading up the stairs and watch the Saarebas - if they survive the initial AoE assault, finish them. If they don't survive, start wiping out the rest of the Qunari while avoiding the Arishock as much as possible.

Take out the rest of the Qunari and whittle your way down to the Arishok and one or two Qunari and then with whatever characters you have remaining, kite the Arishock around while killing off the last of the Qun. When only the Arishock remains...

***Battle #2 - Fighting the Arishock... Alone! Unless you have ungodly heath and defense, don't stand toe to toe with him. Kite him around the room, and watch for the charge. If he charges, stay out of the way, but at the end of his charge he is stationary for 2-3 seconds where you can jump in, whack him and jump away. If you are dueling him, run a figure 8 pattern around the room columns and he will give you lots of chances to whack him at the end of a charge. If he snap freezes, even better. Avoid hanging around for too long - his impalement attack is wicked. Fighting from a distance as mage is ideal if you have frost or nature magic. You can also fight well as a rogue if you use skills to port directly behind him and do crit damage like Vendetta/Backstab/Assassinate, then Evade out of reach.

He has healing pots, and will use them. I've seen him drop 2 in a battle when his health gets to half or lower.How do I defeat Arishok in dragon age 2?
You need Fenris to duel him. You don't have Fenris, there for you don't have the option to duel him as 1 vs 1. But even the wiki says that fighting all of them is the easiest. Or you could even let them go away.

But if u don't gave the Qun to Arishok, that option is also impossible.



For me it was really easy. =] lol



I think you should have Fenris cause he is two handed. Shield warriors don't deal damage, they only get beaten so others can stay alive. Try to make enemies attack your shield warriors instead by using taunt.



I don't think there is any strategy cause I didn't really seen anything about his move when fighting all together.



But I do know all qunari's are weak to ice magic.



If you really can't beat it, maybe you should start over from the previous save file and buy more potions, enchant your armor with electricity cause qunari mages only deal electricity magics.



This is Arishok's elemental resistance. It's from dragon age wiki.





Elemental Resistances:



Frost: very weak

Nature: very weak

Electricity: Immune

Fire: Immune

Spirit: Normal



--------------------------------------鈥?br>
I beated the game once and the best tank is probably to upgrade battle synergy.

25% of all damage your party receieves are taken by tanks.

And rally that gives all your party stamina regen. If u upgrade, it gives 400~600 stamina regen.

That's like endless mana and stamina. without using potions.



Also there is Staggered, Disoriented, brittle states u could put enemies into, then use skills that gain bonus damage. It deals like 3~9 times damage.



I use to use shield bash and chain lightning then I deal like 4500 damage to enemies. =]

but It says Arishok is immune to chain lightning. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment