Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I need a video game guru's help?!?

So I got hired at gamestop just recently.



I know my fair share of video games, and I have played a wide range of them. To name a few, I have played Assassin's Creed Series, Dragon Age Series, Duke Nukem Forever, The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, Red Dead, Harry Potter, Lego Harry Potter, Professor Layton, Pokemon, Call of Duty.



I can of course give people my recommendation on ps3 vs xbox 360, and weather something is suitable for their child or not. I know what MMORPG, FPS, NPC, AI etc. etc. stand for. I know that in order to get better graphics for your xbox it's advised that you should get a HDMI cable.



I know when games are coming out like in August 23rd Dues Ex: Human Revolution will be released. November is going to have video games galore, titles such as Assassin's Creed (11/15), Elder Scrolls: Skyrim(11/11), MW3 (11/8), and Halo Combat (11/15) are coming out.



But what I really need to know is accessories, I have little to nothing knowledge on console accessories and really need someone to list of a couple well known accessories for the following consoles. DS, Wii, XBox 360, and PS3, please and thank you!I need a video game guru's help?!?
XBOX 360



TRANSFER KIT-lets you transfer data from one xbox hard drive to another eg. when someone upgrades from the fat xbox to the new slim one, they can use this to transfer the data from the fat xbox's hard drive to the new slim xbox's hard drive because they have to totally different hard drives



PLAY AND CHARGE KIT- this comes with a battery pack and charging cable for xbox 360 controller so you can charge your battery instead of buying batteries
Hey I know a grate site you could download and try MW3 for free.It's both single/multi player.

A preview video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAly7_Fc6WA



And download the game here: www.mw3.freeforppl.infoI need a video game guru's help?!?
TurtleBeach Headset, TurboFire 2 Controller, HD TV, HDMI Cables, put setting to the maximum your tv works on,
All can have microphones, ds has stylus and screen protectors and cases and skins, ps3 has skins and playstation move and controller chargers, xbox has kinect, wii has sensor and controller docksI need a video game guru's help?!?
All you really need to know for accessories is headsets, move/kinect, and 360 wireless adapters. I'd assume accessories don't even sell that often... every time I am in Gamestop I never see anyone buying them. I mean, I'm sure they sell... just not as frequently as systems or games. Headsets come with 360 so you'd be seeing PS3 users buying those. The Move and Kinect probably don't sell all that often and are pretty simple. Camera and nun-chucks.


I'd say the most accessories you're going to be seeing bought are adapters, chargers, extenstions, cables etc.

I'm sure they will give you a run down too. By the way, Gamestop should have a list of all upcoming releases at the front desk for customers to meander through while waiting for whatever. So don't assume you have to memorize as many release dates for as many games.



My advice to you is learn how to cope with those who have no clue about gaming. I can't count the number of times I see mothers go into the store with their children and hold the cashier up for at least 15 minutes because they have to contemplate whether or not to buy something for their child.

I saw a mother and her son walk in and grab a PS3, accessories, and a few games for their child and whipped out what I assumed was their kid's Gamestop card, expecting it to a credit card or something. She flipped out on the cashier. Felt bad for the guy, he didn't do anything wrong. He had to explain to her that there isn't money on the card, took at least 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment