Saturday, February 25, 2012

Could I run Dragon Age: Origins with my computer?

I would like to get Dragon Age: Origins for PC because it is better than the console versions. My computer is rather old, but has recently had an upgrade. I believe I can run the game, but my processor is rather slow so I would not know.



My specs are as follows:

Windows XP

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz (2 CPUs)

3GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Integrated)

Direct X 9.0



So, will this computer run the smoothly on decent settings or will I need to get an upgrade? Also, is it possible to upgrade my processor? My BIOS is Phoenix (1.10). Thanks.Could I run Dragon Age: Origins with my computer?
Thats more than enough to run it. The game will probably upgrade you to directx 9.0c if you dont already have it. Honestly, there is no need to upgrade yet. The 3GHz processor is still good even with todays games, and the GeForce 9 series are still competitive cards. The X seris is only marginally better. As to the RAM, 32 bit operating systems (32 bit xp,vista and 7) can only use 4 gigs, and of that 4 only 3 are used for gaming (after 3 windows pretty much wastes the rest). Right now I believe with 3 gigs of RAM about 2.7 -2.8 are used for gaming.



You still have a little while until you need to worry about dropping $$$ to upgrade. Unless you're worried about running Chrysis at max. Unfortunately, you'll only be able to upgrade to another P4, considering core-duo and quad-core are different chipsets. You're better off saving your money longer and buying a new system or overclocking your CPU and GPU and RAM (dangerous, get professional help to do it or else you'll fry expensive things)Could I run Dragon Age: Origins with my computer?
The integrated video will be a severe, if not show-stopping problem. The P4 *might* be upgradable. I won't guarantee it, however. It will be a moot point, though, without a video upgrade.
  • mortal kombat dlc
  • xbox live games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment